1. living at home.Â there are many “pros” to still being under the parents roof — one of them being the ability to save lots and lots of pennies.Â buying some groceries and giving rides while filling a gas tank is really the best rent one may ever get.
2. those saved up pennies buying me a macbook.Â yup, i did it.Â i bought one.Â a refurbished one.Â but i bought it.Â it’s aluminum and looks oh-so-pretty.Â unfortunately, i opened it today and instantly knew something was wrong.Â that’s when i handed it over to my brother.
3. a brother who spends his afternoon running test on said busted laptop, talking to technical support since i would sound like a doofus trying to explain the problems, and gets me a new one.Â what do you do without the nerds of the family taking care of your technical needs?
4. sisters who start playing christmas duets on my piano a month and a half before christmas.Â one of them is teaching the other and they slowly are making their way through the books.Â some may say it’s too soon, but i don’t mind.Â nope, not one bit.
5. having a family to make dinner for.Â i spent my afternoon cutting veggies, cooking chicken and shrimp, making alfredo sauce, baking pumpkin bread, and will now make the pasta.Â i really really like being in the kitchen.
6. a classic movie loved by all in 1942.Â we’ll pile on couches and chairs, rearrange the family room, argue over blankets, light candles, and watch While You Were Sleeping.Â have i mentioned that i really like relaxing nights at home?
7. days off.Â you don’t know how much i like my saturdays.Â they are my sanity.